Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Afterlife!


Photographed by: Shashank

How happy I am,

in the blue lagoon,
sleeping in the space,
walking on the moon,
nothing to cry for,
nothing to fear,
nothing to worry about,
no dirt, no smear,
it’s been this way,
since the day I died,
I haven’t laughed,
I haven’t cried,
I wish I could,
stay some more time,
with my kin and folks,
in the life-time,
to laugh to cry,
in the spirit lane,
to smell the wind,
to feel the rain,
I miss that life,
love so rife,
now here I am,
in my Afterlife!!!
~Shashank~


10 comments:

Divya Poduval said...

Speechless.....

Shashank Shekhar said...

oh!!! Didn't mean to do that :)

Unknown said...

bestest hain....

Anonymous said...

a bit unsure...are u happier in this life...or after? do re read it after sometime...

Shashank Shekhar said...

Well, the reason for this post to appear is the dilemma of life. When you be in it, you always feel missing something. When you are out of it, you miss it! isn't that life! Wasn't really sure which one I would be happy in! I guess this should answer your question. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful description & Fairly said by the poet that we don't value those lovely elements of Life,till we realize its gone..... I hope I got it right Mr. poet.

Shashank Shekhar said...

Right, Anonymous! Thank you very much! :)

Shruti said...

Shashank, Visit my profile :)
Something is waiting for you!

Unknown said...

amazing choice of words....

PNA said...

And dilemma it is. Man mourns and yearns...it is a cycle.